Friday 5 January 2018

The creation of the Shingles of Southsea.

I created the Shingles of Southsea on 19th December 2017.
The intention was to get a Portsmouth and Southsea Holmesian group started. It seems only right that the city which gave birth to the great detective should have a society dedicated to him.
Unfortunately, I am the most unsociable and unclubable man in town. As such, since our creation I have failed to recruit any more members. So I've decided to singularise the society's name and carry on regardless and friendless.
Below is a copy of the society's first newsletter which I published on the day of creation. Note the in depth writings and high quality artwork. Expect more of the same going forward.

PTM

3 comments:

  1. Or as John Bennett Shaw put it, “to have a Sherlockian meeting you need two Sherlockians and a bottle, but if necessary, one of the Sherlockians could be dispensed with.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Shaw specified the contents of the bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.